Los Altos Senior Program offers array of events
The following events are scheduled at the Los Altos Senior Program, located at Grant Park, 1575 Holt Ave. For more information, call 947-2797.
• 12:30 p.m. today, Room 4: Lecture by Neha Kabra on Ayurveda healing
• 10 a.m. Monday and Oct. 7 and 21, Room 3: Tech workshops covering, respectively, email management, a new product demo and education on a cloud-based topic, and streaming TV and music
• 12:30 p.m. Sept. 25, Room 4: Lecture by Korinne Skinner, public affairs manager for the Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District, on outdoor recreation opportunities geared toward active seniors
• 12:30 p.m. Oct. 2, Room 4: Lecture by Elisabeth Ward, executive director of the Los Altos History Museum, on the history of the museum and its exhibitions
• 12:30 p.m. Oct. 16, Room 4: Lecture by Kathy Waddell, highlighting the differences among service dogs, therapy dogs and emotional support animals, as well as training models, legal rights, etiquette and the history of the uniquely trained animals
Avenidas offers support for caregivers
The Avenidas Rose Kleiner Center, the adult day health program at 270 Escuela Ave. in Mountain View, has scheduled three events for caregivers. To register and for more information, call 289-5400 or visit avenidas.org.
• 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sept. 28: Caregiver Conference, held at the Mountain View Senior Center at 266 Escuela Ave.; cost – $35-$50 – includes lunch and post-conference reception
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 12: Free lunch and lecture, “The Cost of Caregiving: Budgeting for Respite Resources”
• 10-11 a.m. the first Friday of every month: First Friday Open Tours, followed by a free caregivers support group, 11 a.m. to noon
MV Senior Center hosts workshops, dance
The following events are scheduled at the Mountain View Senior Center, 266 Escuela Ave. For more information, call 903-6330 or visit mountainview.gov/seniors.
• 1:30 p.m. Thursday: Silicon Valley Independent Living Center Housing workshop
• 4-6 p.m. Sept. 18: Fall Dance with DJ and refreshments
• 2:30 p.m. Sept. 18: Intro to Microsoft Excel Budget 101 workshop
• 1 p.m. Sept. 19: Benefits of Good Nutrition workshop
• 1 p.m. Sept. 24: Heart Attacks workshop
• 1 p.m. Sept. 25: California Telephone Access Program – Android workshop (pre-registration required)
• 1 p.m. Sept. 26: Medicare workshop