The Los Altos Senior Program is located at Hillview Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
The Grant Park Senior Program is located at 1575 Holt Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
For more information, call 947-2797 or visit losaltosrecreation.org.
• 1 p.m. today: Local author RJ Blum will discuss her book “Blessings and Betrayals” in Room 12.
• 3:30-5 p.m. first and third Wednesdays of each month: Intergenerational Tech Workshop, with each session covering a topic aimed at boosting computer or smartphone skills. Classes are held in Room 8. Cost: $1 for senior program members, $3 for nonmembers. Sign up in Room 10.
• 11 a.m. Friday: A Grow Your Own Indoor Herb Garden class is scheduled in the multipurpose room. Admission is free. Call 947-2797 to see if space is still available.
• 10-10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, Sept. 25-Dec. 13: An Older Cardio Fitness Dance Party will offer a 45-minute, low-impact aerobic workout. Movements are designed to improve coordination, balance and range of motion. Cost is $101 for members, $121 for nonmembers. Register in Room 10.
• 1-5 p.m. Oct. 5 and 12: AARP will offer a two-part driving class. Register in Room 10.
• 1 p.m. Oct. 10: Author Ruth Dugdall will discuss her book “My Sister and Other Liars” in Room 12.
• 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 11: A mini-trip to Lick Observatory will include transportation, gratuity and lunch. Cost is $64 for members, $74 for nonmembers. Sign up by Monday in Room 10.
• 12:30 p.m. Sept. 19: Ellie Casson and Sydnee Journel will discuss Waymo vehicles in Los Altos in Room 4. Journel will present on Waymo a second time 12:30 p.m. Oct. 17 in the main hall.
• 12:30 p.m. Oct. 24: Tom Winant from the Moffett Field Historical Society Museum is scheduled to speak in Room 4.
Mountain View Senior Center
• 1 p.m. Sept. 25: A Heart Attack Workshop will feature EMTs answering questions on the signs and symptoms of heart attacks and explaining what to do if you or someone you’re with experiences one. Register at the front desk.
• 4-6 p.m. Sept. 26: The Boot Scootin’ Boogie Fall Dance is slated in the Social Hall. Light refreshments will be served.
• 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 9: The Mountain View Seasoned Travelers group has scheduled a mini-trip to Thunder Valley Casino. Cost – $38 (make checks payable to Kanen Tours) – includes $10 free play and $5 food credit. The tour will include transportation via luxury coach and driver’s gratuity. The bus departs from and returns to the Rengstorff Park Aquatic Center, 201 Rengstorff Ave. Times are approximate, based on a casino stay of four hours. Each passenger must carry valid government-issued photo identification. To reserve a seat, visit the front desk.