The Los Altos Senior Program is located at Hillview Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
The Grant Park Senior Program is located at 1575 Holt Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
For more information, call 947-2797 or visit losaltosrecreation.org.
• 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 26: Trip to San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. SFMOMA houses several internationally renowned collections of modern and contemporary art. Cost – $67 for members, $72 for nonmembers – includes entrance fee, transportation and gratuity. Participants will purchase their own lunches at a museum restaurant. Seats are limited. Sign up in Room 10.
• 1 p.m. Aug. 1: On-Demand Ride Training Transportation Class. Center for Age-Friendly Excellence Associate Director Vaishali Sirkay will help seniors learn how to use their iPhones/smartphones to schedule affordable rides with Lyft. Admission is free. The class will take place in Room 12.
• 1-3 p.m. Aug. 6, 13 and 20: Advance Health Care Planning Workshop. Participants will learn how to prepare for a serious illness and assure they will receive the treatment they need. The three-part workshop will cover palliative care, hospice care, the intensive-care unit, advance directives, end-of-life planning and how to ask the doctors the right questions. Admission is free. Sign up in Room 10.
• 5:30-7:30 p.m. Aug. 16: Dinner on the Patio. The evening will include dinner, music by Latin fusion artist Duarte, a food demonstration, bingo, raffle prizes and more.
Cost is $20 for members, $29 for nonmembers. Sign up in Room 10.
• 1:15 p.m. Wednesdays: New Yoga Class. Participants can increase their sense of well-being with the gentle body-strengthening class. Bring a mat or large towel. Free for Los Altos Senior Program members. The class meets in Room 3.
• 1 p.m. July 30: On-Demand Ride Training Transportation Class.
Mountain View Senior Center
The Mountain View Senior Center is located at 266 Escuela Ave. For more information, call 903-6330.
• 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today: Summer Picnic. The event will include a barbecue lunch, games and a raffle in the Rengstorff Park barbecue area. Cost is $7.
• 1 p.m. July 19: “Global Climate” lecture. The illustrated discussion and demonstration will explore the scientific principles behind climate change. The presentation will take place in the Social Hall.
• 1 p.m. July 31: “Snake Bites” discussion. Participants will learn what to do in the event of a snake-bite emergency. The discussion will convene in the small meeting room.
• 9:45 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Aug. 5: “Abbacadabra: The Ultimate ABBA Concert.” The concert will feature 20 of ABBA’s greatest hits. Cost – $140 – includes transportation, show ticket and lunch. For more information, stop by the Senior Center front desk or visit tinyurl.com/MVSenior-ABBA.