The Mountain View Senior Center is partnering with Kanen Tours to offer a big lineup this summer, fall and winter, with options ranging from day trips to California attractions to adventures in New York, New Mexico, Costa Rica and Europe.
• 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Aug. 1: Summer of Love with Gary Holloway. Participants will tour San Francisco’s “Summer of Love” sites and visit the California Historical Society exhibition “On the Road to the Summer of Love.” The trip includes transportation from the Senior Center, museum admission and lunch in San Francisco.
• 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Aug. 9: Black Oak Casino in Tuolumne. Bus leaves from and returns to the Senior Center.
• 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sept. 7: Graton Casino in Rohnert Park. Bus leaves from and returns to Rengstorff Park Pool, 201 S. Rengstorff Ave.
• 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sept. 26: Angel Island and Tiburon with Doug McConnell. On Angel Island, participants will tour the site of the first European visit to San Francisco Bay in 1775 and remnants of U.S. military history on the island and learn the history of the island’s immigration station. In Tiburon, the group will visit the historical waterfront and hear about the town’s past. Trip includes round-trip transportation from Rengstorff Park Pool, Tiburon-Angel Island Ferry, tram tour, museum admission and boxed lunch.
• Sept. 29 through Oct. 5: New York City and the Hudson River Valley. Visitors will tour New York, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Central Park, West Point and more. The trip includes a Broadway show and a Hudson River cruise.
• Oct. 10-15: Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Tour-goers will visit Albuquerque’s International Balloon Fiesta, Old Town Albuquerque, the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History, the Indian Pueblo Cultural Center, the Turquoise Trail and Santa Fe, with a visit to the Santa Fe School of Cooking.
• Dec. 3-11: Christmas on the Danube. The trip will feature a six-night Danube River cruise, with an optional two-night extension to visit Prague’s Christmas markets. Highlights will include Vienna, the medieval city of Regensburg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg, Wurzburg, the Wauchau Valley, Danube Christmas markets and more.
• Feb. 17-25: Tropical Costa Rica. Highlights will include San Jose, a coffee plantation, Guanacaste, the Monteverde cloud forest, a Hanging Bridges tour, the Arenal volcano, a Lake Arenal cruise, a cooking demonstration, the Cano Negro Refuge, Zarcero and a visit to the National Theatre. An optional three-night jungle tour extension is available.
For more information, call the Mountain View Senior Center at 903-6330, visit tinyurl.com/MVSeniorTravel or stop by the center at 266 Escuela Ave.