Russian River Brewing Company more than doubled its production of its ever-popular Pliny the Younger Triple IPA this year, from 160 barrels to 350 barrels. However, the beer will likely still be difficult to come by, and supplies are likely to go fast at any place pouring the beer. Following are a few locations in the South Bay/Peninsula/SF where you might be able to enjoy a sip in the latter half of SF Beer Week.
• The Rose & Crown, Palo Alto
• City Beer Store, San Francisco
• Toronado, San Francisco
• Monk’s Kettle, San Francisco, Triple IPA Mini Fest (Feb. 6, noon)
• Fibbar Magees, Sunnyvale (Feb. 10, 3 pm – free raffle tickets will determine who gets a glass)
• Good Karma Artisan Ales & Cafe, San Jose
Pliny the Younger will also be on tap at a few events in the East Bay – visit www.sfbeerweek.org and search for “Younger” to learn more.
– Derek Wolfgram