Los Altos Adult 50+ Program
The Adult 50+ Program is located in the Sycamore and Cedar rooms of the Los Altos Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave. Hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays.
South Los Altos programming is located in the Grant Park Community Center Multipurpose Room, 1575 Holt Ave. Hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
Following are upcoming events at both locations.
• Thanksgiving luncheon: Noon to 2 p.m. today at Grant Park. Suggested donation: $15. Reservations required.
• Movie: 12:30 p.m. Thursday in the Los Altos Community Center Sycamore Room. This month’s feature is “A Beautiful Mind,” starring Russell Crowe as John Nash, a mathematician who begins to develop paranoid schizophrenia and endures delusional episodes. Cost: $1 for residents, $2 for nonresidents.
• Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program: 1-4 p.m. Thursday and Dec. 7 at the Los Altos Community Center. One-hour appointments with Nancy Lee are available.
• Holiday luncheon: Noon to 3 p.m. Dec. 15 in the Los Altos Community Center Grand Oak Room. Suggested donation: $15. Register by Dec. 9.
• Indoor pickleball: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays in the Egan Junior High School Gym, 100 W. Portola Ave. All skill levels welcome. Cost: $3 residents, $5 nonresidents.
• Bocce ball: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays on the Los Altos Community Center’s outdoor court. Equipment is provided.
• Chess: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays at Grant Park; 1-4 p.m. Tuesdays in the Los Altos Community Center lobby. All skill levels welcome. For more information, call Ben at (650) 400-0353.
• Drop-in pingpong: 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays at Grant Park. All skill levels welcome. Costs: $3 residents, $5 nonresidents; memberships available.
Note: The Adult 50+ Program and Egan Gym will be closed the week of Dec. 26 through Jan. 2.
For a full list of classes, activities and events, download the “Spotlight” newsletter at losaltosca.gov/parksrec/page/adult-50-program.
To register for events and for more information, call (650) 947-2797.
Mountain View Senior Center
The Mountain View Senior Center is located at 266 Escuela Ave. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays.
Following are upcoming events.
• Legal Health workshop: 1 p.m. today in the Social Hall. Senior Adults Legal Assistance will deliver a presentation on what it means to be “legally healthy,” such as planning for the future, avoiding legal problems before they begin and considering all factors in the age of COVID.
• Holiday Bazaar: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the center. The craft fair will feature handmade items available for purchase and live entertainment. Admission is free.
• Holiday Gala: 4-6 p.m. Dec. 14 in the Social Hall. Festivities will include a DJ and light refreshments.
For a full schedule of classes and events, visit mountainview.gov/depts/cs/rec/senior.
For more information, call (650) 903-6330.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Courteous. Be respectful, truthful, and use no threatening or hateful language.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts and the history behind a news event.
Read our full comments policy: losaltosonline.com/comments