The Mountain View Senior Center began a limited reopening July 12, with more programs set to be added soon.
Reservations are still required for all activities and classes, except the nutrition program; a limited number of walk-ins will be allowed based on availability. The center is open to anyone age 55 and up.
The lobby is open, with crossword puzzles and books available. The game room is open for pingpong and billiards. The technology room is open for computer use. Limited time slots are available, so people are encouraged to sign up in advance.
In-person classes and other programs scheduled:
• Movies: 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays, and 10:15 a.m. and 1:15 p.m. Thursdays (free)
• Zumba: 1 p.m. Wednesdays (fee-based)
• Low-impact aerobics: 11 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, and 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays (free),
• Line dance: 10 a.m. Thursdays and 1 p.m. Fridays (free)
• Social dance: 1 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays (free)
The nutrition program offers a “grab & go” lunch to be picked up in the Social Hall. Limited seating for lunch is available in the courtyard. Hours are 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. weekdays; reservations are required.
In addition to in-person offerings, many virtual programs are still available.
The Mountain View Senior Center is located at 266 Escuela Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. For a calendar of events and more information, call 903-6330 or visit tinyurl.com/MVSeniorCenter.