MV Apps Challenge offers $2K prize
The city of Mountain View’s Apps Challenge offers $2,000 for the best smartphone app to improve the community.
Through June 1, residents 14 years old and older can submit app ideas on any smart-device platform at MountainView.gov/AppsChallenge. A community showcase of the top 10 ideas will follow in August, and residents can vote on their favorite pitch.
The second-place winner will receive $1,000 and third-place will earn $500.
To submit app ideas and for more information on the rules and selection criteria, visit MountainView.gov/AppsChallenge.
Village at San Antonio hosts concert series
The Village at San Antonio Center has scheduled a Summer Concert Series with performances noon to 2 p.m. every other Saturday June 6 through Aug. 22 on The Village Green at the center.
The series will offer a wide range of music – from bluegrass to a cappella. The lineup:
• June 6: The award-winning bluegrass band Windy Hill
• June 20: The California-born country trio The Bootleg Honeys
• July 11: The faculty jazz group from the Community School of Music and Arts
• July 25: Classic rock with Damir Stosic
• Aug. 8: Reggae with Kats & Mano Meet the Dragon
• Aug. 22: A cappella with Hookslide
Admission is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit thevillagesanantoniocenter.com.