Hidden Villa is scheduled to host its second “Food Worth Celebrating” event 4-7 p.m. Sept. 28 at the environmental farm and wilderness preserve, 26870 Moody Road, Los Altos Hills.
Organizers said the event will honor the people and processes “contributing to a more resilient, just and thriving regional food system.”
This year’s event will take attendees on an experiential journey through the principles of regenerative agriculture and its impact on the environmental and social landscape.
The event will feature:
• Handcrafted cocktails from Shoots & Roots Bitters while unpacking soil health in Hidden Villa’s Educational Garden and Greenhouse Field.
• An investigation of the intersection of animal welfare and ecological resilience with Hidden Villa’s animal husbandry team and other partner farmers.
• A selection of local cheeses courtesy of Whole Foods Market.
• Vegetarian food tasting as a representative from Oya Organics discusses what it means to cultivate an equitable and inclusive food system.
• Food including Hidden Villa chicken, pork loin and seasonal vegetables prepared on-site by Roadside Rotisserie.
Other highlights will include tomato testing, locally made ice cream, live music, a silent auction, kid-friendly activities and farm animal visits.
Tickets are $150 for adults, $50 for children ages 2-12 and free for children under 2.
For tickets and more information, visit hiddenvilla.org.