The Los Altos History Museum plans to open its doors 5-8 p.m. Wednesday evenings in May for special programs as part of its Membership Month drive.
The extended hours highlight the museum’s strategic plan to offer programming to adults and families who are otherwise unable to attend during the day, and encourage participation as members.
“Many people in the community don’t know that the museum is a membership organization,” said Carole Flores, museum board member and Membership Committee chairwoman. “There are wonderful perks to being a member, and dues help the museum to share and preserve the Los Altos story.”
The free programs include:
• Today: Meet the Board, a reception and opportunity to meet museum board members.
• May 8: Magic at the Museum, with magician Phil Ackerly performing tricks and comedy in a family-friendly show at 6:30 p.m.
• May 15: Music in the Courtyard, with Big Basin Acoustic performing.
• May 22: Modern Mixology, a happy hour featuring innovative cocktails of the future. Cost is $5.
• May 29: Mingle with Volunteers, a reception and celebration of the museum’s volunteers and its programs.
The Los Altos History Museum is located at 51 S. San Antonio road. Hours are noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays through Sundays. Admission is free.
For more information, visit losaltoshistory.org.