As part of the Los Altos Rotary Club’s annual Fine Art in the Park event, the club sponsors the Young at Art contest for student artists from seven local high schools.
The winning artwork is currently on display in Los Altos at Boston Private Bank, 345 S. San Antonio Road; Bank of the West, 176 Main St.; and Nature Gallery, 296 State St. The art also will be exhibited in the Lincoln Park gazebo during Fine Art in the Park, scheduled 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. May 18 and 19.
Carol Garsten, owner and curator of Nature Gallery, will host a reception honoring the artists, their family members and their teachers 6-8 p.m. Saturday at her shop. Admission is free and open to all.
• Alta Vista High School: First place to Christopher Moreno for his hand-painted linoleum block print, “Shaggy the Rooster.”
• Freestyle Academy of Communication Arts and Technology: First place to Katherine Sun for her digital art, “Mesh”; second place to Makeda Yezalaleul for her digital design laser-engraved on marble, “Mandala.”
• Homestead High School: First place to Edmund Tran for his photograph, “Tweet Me”; second place to Jonathan “Yoni” Keren for his photograph, “Light at the End of the Tunnel.”
• Los Altos High School: First place to Zixuan Hu for his graphite sculpture study, “Giuliano de’ Medici”; second place to Jamie Shin for his watercolor and poster color piece, “Down the Rabbit Hole.”
• Mountain View High School: First place to Eda Üstüner for her watercolor and gouache, “El ahogado más hermoso”; second place to Kelly Murata for her graphite work, “Portrait.”
• Pinewood School: First place to Olivia Page for her digital art, “Through Riley’s Lens”; second place to Katherine Chui for her digital drawing, “Clear Vision.”
• St. Francis High School: First place and Best in Show to Alex Mihalko for his watercolor, “City Life”; second place to Francesca Touma for her charcoal piece, “Sacred Heart DeVito.”
The Rotary Club will award first-place winners $150 and second-place winners $100.
For more information, visit at rotaryartshow.com.