Silicon Valley Reads has scheduled the presentation “Self-Compassion for Teens” featuring author Amy Saltzman, M.D., 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Los Altos main library, 13 S. San Antonio Road.
Saltzman, author of “A Still Quiet Place,” will offer a workshop on how teens can deal with stress.
The event is one of more than 100 free activities planned throughout Santa Clara County highlighting the 2018 Silicon Valley Reads theme, “No Matter What: Caring, Coping, Compassion.”
Other Silicon Valley Reads events slated at the main library:
• 5:30 p.m. March 9: “Mindfulness: Learning To Be Happy, Healthy and Stress Free – No Matter What,” an introduction to guided meditation
• 7 p.m. March 12: “Self-Care for Caregivers” with mindfulness teacher Emily Hine
• 7 p.m. March 19: CareMapping Workshop, a two-hour interactive program where participants learn how to draw a diagram of their care ecosystem
• 5:30 p.m. March 23: “Mindfulness for Teens,” an interactive program designed to reduce stress
• 4 p.m. March 27: “Solidifying Your Mindfulness Practice through Bullet Journaling,” a workshop for teens with creativity coach Kanesha Baynard
For more information, visit siliconvalleyreads.org.