Silicon Valley at Home ([email protected]) has scheduled a series of events in May to mark Affordable Housing Month.
The events – all free and online – will answer questions such as why housing costs so much, where to start if interested in building an accessory dwelling unit and how people are attempting to solve homelessness.
Scheduled events include:
• Tuesday: “Building a Backyard Home (ADU) in Silicon Valley,” presented by Habitat ADU
• May 13: “Virtual Affordable Housing Tour,” presented by the Santa Clara County Office of Supportive Housing, which is leading the process for 330 Distel Drive, an all-affordable project in Los Altos
• May 14: “The Future of Housing in Silicon Valley: The Cost of Housing,” presented by [email protected]
• May 19: “Safe Parking Best Practices,” presented by Palo Alto Forward
• May 21: “The Future of Housing: Innovative Government Action,” presented by [email protected]
• May 25: “Affordably Housing California’s Essential ‘Missing Middle,’” hosted by Catalyst Housing Group
To register and for more information, visit siliconvalleyathome.org/events/#affordable-housing-month.