The Rotary Club of Los Altos awarded 13 local nonprofit organizations with community grants funded by proceeds from the 2013 Rotary Fine Art in the Park show.
Rotarians disbursed $17,450 in grants from the Los Altos Rotary Endowment Fund, in amounts ranging from $300 to $4,000.
Jerry Moison, who heads the 12-member committee that selects the grant recipients, said the club has donated $1.26 million to local community organizations since 2001.
Recipients this year include:
• The YWCA’s Domestic Violence program, which provides shelter, case management, legal assistance and other support for women and children.
• Living Classroom, a Los Altos School District program that inspires children to learn and value the natural world through garden-based education.
• Westwind 4-H Riding for the Handicapped, which provides youth ages 5-19 with horseback riding instruction.
• Ye Olde Towne Band, for maintenance of acoustical equipment and the float the group uses in Los Altos parades.
• Community Services Agency, for low-income seniors living in Los Altos, Los Altos Hills and Mountain View.
• Vida Verde, a three-day camp offering children an opportunity to participate in outdoor education.
• Music for Minors, for purchasing instrument kits for Chinese cultural music.
• Friends of Deer Hollow, funding for approximately 2,200 low-income children to attend school programs at Deer Hollow Farm in the next school year.
• Los Altos PREPARE and Los Altos Block Action Teams, programs of the Los Altos Community Foundation, for purchasing equipment and technology to build two portable packet systems that will provide communication from neighborhoods in the event of a disaster.
• The Los Altos Stage Company, for the first collaboration between the Los Altos Stage Company and Los Altos Youth Theatre. The two groups are planning a production of “The Wizard of Oz.”
For more information, visit losaltosrotary.org.