E-Cubed (E3) Youth Philanthropy, a program of the Los Altos Community Foundation, is accepting applications from students who enter grade 9, 10 or 11 in the fall.
Students residing in Los Altos, Los Altos Hills or Mountain View or who attend school in Los Altos or Mountain View are eligible to apply. The application deadline is 5 p.m. Monday.
Through a combination of service learning and grant-making actions, the E3 program is designed to educate, engage and empower local youth to create positive change in their local and global communities. Now in its eighth year, E3 currently has 32 members representing seven schools.
According to E3 officials, students:
• Learn from local philanthropists about nonprofits and the positive impact of strategic giving.
• Design and participate in service projects.
• Connect with local nonprofit organizations.
• Become effective grant-makers.
• Research, analyze and advocate for potential grant recipients.
• Make grants to local youth ventures and programs.
• Develop leadership and communication skills.
• Collaborate with local youth leaders.
The E3 program term is two years, with meetings scheduled 7-9 p.m. Mondays twice a month, September through May, and a group retreat slated in August.
To download an application, visit at losaltoscf.org/E3. Interviews will be scheduled the week of May 12.