Town Crier Report
The Los Altos-Los Altos Hills Joint Volunteer Service Awards Committee honored 10 local residents at its annual luncheon Friday.
The event recognized behind-the-scenes volunteers from both communities. Los Altos resident and longtime volunteer Duncan MacVicar served as keynote speaker, addressing the audience on the importance of giving back.
This year’s honorees and the organizations they serve are as follows:
• Barbara “Bobbie” Huston: Los Altos Festival of Lights Parade for more than 36 years, past Almond School PTA president, co-founder of Los Altos Community Foundation.
• Rochelle Bochner: Co-founder of Sky’s the Limit Fund, a nonprofit organization that provides funds to send at-risk youth to wilderness camps. She’s also on the boards of the Junior League of Palo Alto Mid-Peninsula and the Children’s Health Council in Palo Alto.
• Nomi Trapnell: Los Altos History Museum, American Cancer Society Discovery Shop, Los Altos-Los Altos Hills Newcomers Club.
• Allan and Suzanne Epstein: Friends of the Library of Los Altos. Stanford Parents’ Club, Los Altos Hills Finance Committee, Westwind Community Barn.
• David Casas: Former Los Altos councilman, Community Health Awareness Council Board, Citizen’s Advisory Committee for Finance, Little League, Los Altos Fourth of July picnic chairman.
• Pat Ley: Los Altos Hills Environmental and Design Committee for 13 years, involved in town art exhibitions for 25 years, Los Altos Hills Water Conservation Committee.
• Kristen Fuller: Los Altos History Museum board; founded and organizes annual Train Days event.
• Lenelle Smith: Los Altos Library Endowment board, North County Library Authority Board, Los Altos Library Commission, Friends of the Library of Los Altos chairwoman.
• David Struthers: Los Altos Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Los Altos Hills Finance Committee chairman, Friends of the Library of Los Altos and Community, Library Commission chairman, math tutor, California Native Plant Society, Hidden Villa.