Photo By: Ellie Van Houtte/Town Crier
The developer of the Village at San Antonio Center in Mountain View has added five new retailers at the $250 million, 16-acre mixed-use property.
According to a media release from Merlone Geier Partners, the center will be home to the following retailers.
• The Counter Custom-Built Burgers, which will occupy a 2,800-square-foot space, along with 815 square feet in outdoor seating space. This will be the first Mountain View location for the national customized burger restaurant, which also has Bay Area locations in Palo Alto, San Jose, San Mateo and Walnut Creek.
• TavernaBlu, a Greek casual restaurant, will occupy 2,404 square feet along with 761 square feet of outdoor seating space. The San Antonio Center restaurant will be the first Northern California location for the company, which has additional locations in Irvine and San Diego.
• Fidelity Investments, which plans to occupy a 5,004-square-foot space for investment services.
• Starbucks Coffee, which will open a 2,192-square-foot store.
• BlueWhite Cleaners, a specialty dry cleaner, will feature a 1,046-square-foot location at the center.
In addition, the new center previously announced the addition of a 65,000-square-foot flagship Safeway store, slated to open in the spring. The new center will include a total of 134,000 square feet of retail space, a public park, above- and below-grade parking and 330 apartment units. Construction began in September 2011 for the center, bordered by El Camino Real, San Antonio Road, Showers Drive and California Street.
“Now that the construction is really taking shape, retailers are able to see the unique design characteristics and walkable scale of the village,” said Liz Munger, Merlone Geier’s property manager for the project. “Our goal is to build a vibrant retail mix to complement Mountain View with a variety of restaurants as well as familiar and popular stores.”
For more information, visit www.thevillagesanantoniocenter.com.