Business and personal property taxpayers in Santa Clara County now have access to SCC DTAC, a mobile app launched by the county’s Department of Tax and Collections to enable more than 500,000 property owners to pay the second installment of their annual property taxes, due today.
“There is no longer a need to spend time in traffic, finding parking or standing in line at the Department of Tax and Collections to pay property taxes in Santa Clara County,” said Margaret Olaiya, director of the Department of Tax and Collections.
The rollout of the app coincides with the collection of the second installment of the secured tax bill due Feb. 1.
The app, available for iOS (Apple’s App Store) and Android (Google’s Play Store) mobile devices, includes the ability to:
• Pay one or more tax bills for secured or unsecured property.
• Pay tax bills with a credit or debit card or eCheck; payments made by eCheck are free of convenience fees.
• Make partial payments on a tax bill (currently for secured properties only).
• View a list of tax bills due and/or past due, including the ability to view bill details and download bills.
• Save properties as “Favorites.”
• Save copies of tax bills.
• Provide feedback about the app or DTAC service overall.
• Access the app using multiple mobile and smart devices such as phones and tablets.
“We encourage property taxpayers to transact business with the county using the new convenient option of their mobile and smart devices,” Olaiya said.