• Mission: The MERIT (Making Education Relevant through Innovative Teaching) program has been the Krause Center for Innovation’s premier professional learning opportunity for more than two decades. Housed at Foothill College, the research-based educator development initiative is designed to …
• Mission: Music for Minors nurtures in children a lifelong love of music by providing music education programs in elementary schools. Music education transforms children’s lives and impacts development in vital ways.
• Mission: The motto of the Veterans Resource Center at Foothill College is “C.A.R.E.”: It promotes Camaraderie, the Advancement of its students, offers Resources and Empowers students to be their best selves.
Vocal equine participants, above, helped anchor the cookie, chocolate and hot cider table at Westwind Community Barn’s Barn Lighting Sunday in Los Altos Hills. Rains gave way to sunshine and some satisfying puddles in addition to cookie decorating, ornament crafting, pony rides, a Santa visi…
• Mission: Help One Child aspires to strengthen foster, adoptive and at-risk families by providing education, a supportive community and tangible resources. By addressing the needs of foster, adoptive and vulnerable families, the nonprofit founded by Los Altos Hills residents Mark and JoAnne…
• Mission: Child Advocates of Silicon Valley strives to serve foster children from birth to 21 years old who have experienced abuse, neglect and/or abandonment by ensuring that they have the nurturing support and resources needed to thrive.
• Mission: The Community School of Music and Arts ensures that the arts are accessible to all, including special-needs participants in its Artistic Intelligence program, which has existed for more than a decade.
This is the second in a six-part series on coercive control and the holidays.
Community Services Agency staff and volunteers are planning for their annual Holiday Sharing Program events, scheduled noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 9 and 16 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 10 and 17 on the CSA campus, 204 Stierlin Road in Mountain View.
Emmet Cahill, internationally known Irish tenor and star of the Irish music group Celtic Thunder, is scheduled to bring his “Christmas in Ireland” concert to St. William Catholic Church in Los Altos 2 p.m. Dec. 18.
The movement didn’t have a name in February 2002 on the eve of the Iraq War. But a small group of Los Altos residents petitioned the city council to pass a resolution opposing the pending invasion, as other cities had done. The council declined, and the local resistance momentum began.
Wallace J. Nichols, Ph.D., introduced the Morning Forum of Los Altos audience Nov. 1 to the many benefits of being in, on or near water – a phenomena he refers to as “Blue Mind.”
The Los Altos-Mountain View American Association of University Women has scheduled its annual holiday social 3-5 p.m. Sunday at Neutra House, 181 Hillview Ave., Los Altos.
Nearly 40 years ago, the mayors of Los Altos and Los Altos Hills launched a recognition event highlighting the volunteer work in both communities. The event has become an annual tradition.
A crescent moon gleamed through light cloud cover Sunday night as police motorcycles revved and the first classic car inched through downtown, launching the 45th annual Los Altos Festival of Lights Parade with the sound of bagpipes lofting over the crowd’s buzz.
Mild weather and moderate crowds made for a comfortable 45th annual Los Altos Festival of Lights Parade Sunday, with motorized and hand-pushed floats, volunteer character actors and, as always, a presiding Snow Queen and her court near the head of the procession.