As a registered user, you can comment without having to re-enter your details each time you post. You can also see what comments you've made that remain pending.
All print subscribers are invited to register here using the name under which they subscribe – if you're a subscriber, you will be given access to special features so make sure we know who you are. The Town Crier also offers digital-only subscriptions. Details about both subscription type are available here.
How comments work
The Town Crier moderates comments at losaltosonline.com. We moderate to block abusive posts, staff do not fact-check comments for veracity and reader comments don't reflect the opinions or beliefs of the newspaper. That is intentional – the reader comments section exists as a place for community members to share information and opinions directly, without endorsement or qualification.
We want to invite courteous conversation that adds insights, questions and criticisms to the news we report. We don’t post comments that misidentify the commenter, threaten, offer only abuse or stray off topic from the story/event being discussed.
I found an inappropriate comment, where can I report it?
As a commenter at losaltosonline.com, you must:
• agree to be respectful, truthful and solely responsible for what you post
• agree to not impersonate someone else
• agree to not use threatening or hateful language or post information that is abusive or libelous
• agree that the Town Crier may republish some or all of the content you post, either in print or online. If quoted or excerpted elsewhere in the paper, comments may be corrected for spelling, grammar or punctuation.
• agree to not submit posts that are commercial in nature and promote or link to other products, services or websites, or that are not your own work or in the common domain
• agree that we may edit or remove information you post, although we do not have any obligation to review content that is posted on losaltosonline.com
• acknowledge that we do not assess or ensure the accuracy of content posted in comments at losaltosonline.com and do not take responsibility for content posted there