- Published on Wednesday, 28 September 2011 01:00
- Written by North American Precis Syndicate
When it comes to the bathroom, there are simple, stylish and budget-friendly ways to dress it up creatively. From the shower curtain to hooks and even toilet paper, paying attention to ordinary, everyday objects is an easy way to make any bathroom an oasis.
Lifestyle and interior-decoration professional Maxwell Gillingham-Ryan of Apartment Therapy teamed up with the Cottonelle brand to share creative tips on how people can make the most of their bathrooms.
• Long is luxurious. The bathroom will look more elegant if the shower curtain is taller. Move the shower-curtain bar up – right below the ceiling – and install an extra-long shower curtain. Closing the gap between the shower-curtain top and ceiling eliminates an unsightly view and gives the feeling of luxury and more space with taller walls.
• Swap your hooks. Towel hooks are easy to find and replace, but they are usually boring. Go shopping for some cheap, vintage hooks of different shapes and sizes, paint them all the same color and hang them in a straight line. The detail and “collection” quality will make a big impact – even if they’re covered with towels.
• Flowers always impress. Fresh flowers in the bathroom or even just one flower in a small vase on the bathroom sink or back of the toilet will make the room fresh and festive.
• Go with color. The selection of shower curtains and towels is colorful, so you can change your bathroom in minutes by coordinating and changing the palette. Try deep-brown towels and hand towels with a linen shower curtain.
For more of Gillingham-Ryan’s tips to transform a home, visit www.respecttheroll.com.
Putting fresh flowers in the bathroom is a simple way to dress up the decor.