The Palo Alto Medical Foundation recently reinstituted its walk-in flu vaccine clinics at some locations while demand or vaccine supplies last.
The vaccine covers this year’s primary strain of flu circulating (H1N1) and is highly recommended by local health officials.
Walk-in flu vaccine clinic hours:
• Mountain View Center: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
• Palo Alto Center: 1 to 5:30 p.m. weekdays
• Burlingame Center: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
• Fremont Center: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
• Dublin Center: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation recommends that residents contact their physician if they have flulike illness and any of the following.
• High fever (greater than 102 F).
• Shortness of breath.
• Fever lasting more than several days.
• A high-risk condition such as pregnancy, age less than 2 years or 65 and older.
For more information, visit pamf.org/flu.