Wedding To Remember
- Published on Tuesday, 12 April 2005 20:22
- Written by Town Crier Report
Whether you are a young bride, marrying at an older age or walking down the aisle for the second time, you want your wedding day to be perfect - and stress-free.
To help you enjoy the day of your dreams, wedding planner Kiyoko Horvath, owner of Absolute Wedding, New York, N.Y., offers tips to help you relax, rejuvenate and get ready.
Her most important piece of advice is to be calm, relaxed and prepared, and to leave plenty of time for each activity so that you can enjoy every minute.
Following are some additional suggestions to help you get through your wedding day looking and feeling your best:
• Begin the day with some light exercise. A brisk walk or yoga workout will clear your mind, calm your nerves and get your juices flowing.
• Eat a healthy breakfast. You don't want to feel faint during the ceremony, so be sure to eat something substantial to get you through the day.
• Take a warm shower or bath to help jump-start your mind and energize your body.
Pamper yourself with a luxurious body wash.
A refreshing scent along with a moisturizing cleanser offers an ideal combination for skin to feel soft and clean, not sticky.
• Follow a relaxing shower with a full body moisturizer to soften and condition skin.
A moisturizer not only softens skin, but some brands also contain a light diffusion system for chest, shoulders, arms - any skin that will show - to glow.
• Be sure to wear a button-down blouse when having hair and makeup done so you don't flatten your hair or smear your makeup when getting dressed.
• Pack an emergency bag to take to the ceremony.
Include items such as an extra pair of panty hose, a needle and thread, safety pins, hairspray, breath mints, water and crackers.
• Enhance your manicure to showcase your new ring and keep your nails looking great on your honeymoon.
Nail treatments minimize the appearance of cuticles, reduce hangnails and give nails a natural luster.
• Between hand-holding and hugging, your hands will get quite a workout on your wedding day.
Use a hand moisturizer to give your hands a soft and smooth texture.