- Published on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 00:00
- Written by Town Crier Report
The Terraces at Los Altos, formerly known as Pilgrim Haven, is in the midst of building The Grove: Memory Care at The Terraces, a retirement community in North Los Altos.
The new facility, scheduled to open in midyear, will include a memory-care residence with skilled nursing available. The Terraces has raised one-quarter of its fundraising goal of $500,000.
Designed for safety and focused on stimulation, The Grove: Memory Care program will provide a common kitchen, easy-to-follow floor cues and memory boxes for each resident to help them identify their personal spaces.
Residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of memory loss can participate in the facility’s programs, from exercise to music, reminiscing activities and more.
According to Terraces representatives, The Grove offers:
• A safe, enriching environment that includes qualified staff, a state-of-the-art security system, a spa and a memory garden.
• Meaningful relationships that encourage residents to support one another and enjoy daily experiences together.
• An approach that incorporates the Touch the Spirit program, enabling residents to retain their individual spiritual traditions and practices, while stimulating their minds.
• Consistent, personalized memory loss care that allows for improved verbal and nonverbal communication.
• Tranquility and relaxation that result from the facility’s high staff-to-resident ratio, which aims to minimize agitation and even medication use, with family and physician approval.
• Healthful sleep patterns through daytime engagement in activities and events.
The Terraces at Los Altos is owned and managed by American Baptist Homes of the West, the first multisite, nonprofit organization in the U.S. to receive accreditation for its memory support program
The Grove is located at the intersection of Pine Lane and Los Altos Avenue.
For more information, call 948-8291, ext. 102, or visit www.theterracesatlosaltos.com.