- Published on Wednesday, 11 July 2012 01:00
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier
PAMF sponsors ‘Successful Aging’ event
The Palo Alto Medical Foundation and Avenidas Village have scheduled a “Successful Aging Celebration” for seniors 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. July 28 at PAMF’s Hearst Conference Center and Courtyard, 795 El Camino Real in Palo Alto.
The event will include educational seminars, music and art by seniors, gardening demonstrations, vendor booths, food tastings and raffle prizes. A screening of the movie “How to Live Forever,” sponsored by LYFE Kitchen, is set for 2:30-4 p.m.
Educational seminars include:
• 11:15-11:30 a.m.: “Successful Aging,” Paul Tang, M.D. M.S., PAMF Innovation Center
• 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.: “Grow Well, Not Old,” Karl Knopf, M.D.
• 12:45-1:30 p.m.: “Planning a Good Death,” Lisa Krieger, science and medicine reporter, San Jose Mercury News and Bay Area News Group
• 1:30-2:15 p.m.: “Facebook for Seniors,” Krista Kobeski, community relations, Facebook
Admission is free and open to seniors. Seating is limited. To guarantee a seat at an educational seminar or the movie, RSVP online or by calling 853-4873.
For more information, visit www.pamf.org/successfulaging.
El Camino offers free blood-pressure screenings
El Camino Hospital offers free blood-pressure screenings 10:30-11:30 a.m. Fridays (except holidays) at the Health Library and Resource Center, 2500 Grant Road, Mountain View.
No appointment is necessary.
For more information, call 940-7210.
Senior Commission compiles resource binder
The Los Altos and Los Altos Hills Senior Commission has compiled a Resource Information Binder for seniors, their children and their caregivers.
Binders have six categories: Transportation, Education, Food and Meal Programs, Health Services, Housing and Social Participation.
Binders are available at the Los Altos Senior Center Travel Desk, 97 Hillview Ave.; Los Altos City Hall, 1 N. San Antonio Road; the Los Altos Chamber of Commerce, 321 University Ave.; the Los Altos main library, 13 S. San Antonio Road; the Woodland Branch library, 1975 Grant Road; and Los Altos Hills Town Hall, 26379 W. Fremont Road.