On The Road
- Published on Tuesday, 05 November 1996 19:19
- Written by Town Crier Staff
Here's a chance to test your car knowledge with an On the Road Trivia Quiz. Answers can be found on the next page.
1. Who wrote the book "On a Clear Day You Can see General Motors?"
2. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was based on a real car with that name. The real car rated successfully in the early 1920s. Who built it and raced it?
3. What car did Peter Falk use in his TV role as Lieutenant Colombo?
4. Why was the Daimler conquest of 1953 so named?
5. Push-button gear selectors were all the rage at one time. Who made these? Teletouch, Magic Touch and Keyboard?
6. Thriftmaster, Loadmaster and Jobmaster were all engine names that applied to what company's trucks in the 1950s?