Troop 33 honors new Eagle Scouts
Los Altos Troop 33 recently awarded the Eagle rank to four sophomores at Los Altos High School and a senior at Fremont High.
To earn the Eagle designation, a scout must plan, develop and lead a team in a service project that benefits a religious institution, school or community.
• Michael Basset built four “micro-libraries” and a map house for the YMCA’s Camp Campbell in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
• Jeremy Bonte worked with animal organizations like Marin’s Marine Mammal Center to create a website to showcase animal volunteer opportunities in the Bay Area.
• Travis Mayer installed 300 outdoor wall-mounted hooks for Egan Junior High School students to hang their backpacks.
• Ashwin Krishna formed and guided a classical guitar quartet – AGQ – to perform for Western Ballet’s “Nutcracker” productions during the 2012 holiday season.
• Mayer Feldman of Sunnyvale hosted a water polo clinic for teenagers in his community to promote teamwork and scout ideology and to create awareness for the sport.