- Published on Wednesday, 02 April 2014 01:01
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff
Troop 33 honors new Eagle Scouts
Los Altos Troop 33 recently awarded the Eagle rank to four sophomores at Los Altos High School and a senior at Fremont High.
To earn the Eagle designation, a scout must plan, develop and lead a team in a service project that benefits a religious institution, school or community.
• Michael Basset built four “micro-libraries” and a map house for the YMCA’s Camp Campbell in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
• Jeremy Bonte worked with animal organizations like Marin’s Marine Mammal Center to create a website to showcase animal volunteer opportunities in the Bay Area.
• Travis Mayer installed 300 outdoor wall-mounted hooks for Egan Junior High School students to hang their backpacks.
• Ashwin Krishna formed and guided a classical guitar quartet – AGQ – to perform for Western Ballet’s “Nutcracker” productions during the 2012 holiday season.
• Mayer Feldman of Sunnyvale hosted a water polo clinic for teenagers in his community to promote teamwork and scout ideology and to create awareness for the sport.