- Published on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 00:01
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff
Troop 33 honors new Eagle Scouts
Boy Scout Troop 33 recognized four new Eagle Scouts Jan. 5 at Los Altos United Methodist Church. The troop, founded in Los Altos in 1951, boasts 235 Eagle Scouts, the highest rank in scouting.
The newest Eagle Scouts and their Eagle projects:
• Alex Carr, son of Alan and Peggy Carr of Los Altos, constructed a record board for Los Altos High School’s cross country and track and field student-athletes.
Carr is a freshman majoring in engineering at Purdue University in Indiana.
• Alex Dunn, son of Tamara Logan and Chris Dunn, began his scouting career as a Tiger Cub and achieved the rank of Eagle in August. For his Eagle project, he constructed and installed educational signs for the Oak Avenue School native garden.
Dunn is studying business at San Diego State University.
• Tate Johnson, son of Kathleen Heckler and Eric Johnson, oversaw a team that built six planter boxes for Almond School.
Johnson is a senior at St. Francis High School.
• Gaku Ogawa constructed a native California garden at Egan Junior High School for seventh-grade science education.
Ogawa is a senior at Mountain View High School. He plans to pursue a biology degree in college.
For more information, visit troop33.org.