- Published on Wednesday, 03 July 2013 01:00
The new Eagle Scouts and their projects:
• Josh Hantke refinished a wooden fence at Oak Avenue School, installing new decorative and protective fencing around a native plant garden and sculpture.
Hantke, son of Barbara and Alan Hantke of Sunnyvale, graduated from St. Francis High School and plans to study biomedical engineering at the University of Portland.
• Joel Kitchen contributed to the sports programs at the Gateway Neighborhood Center at Trinity Church in Sunnyvale. He installed flooring, refurbished exercise equipment and ran a volleyball camp for children.
Kitchen, son of Ellen and Keith Kitchen of Sunnyvale, will be a senior at Homestead High School in the fall. He tutors at the Gateway Neighborhood Center.
• Zachary Ottoes designed, supervised and constructed a native habitat garden at Blach Intermediate School for the Living Classroom Program.
Ottoes, son of Irene Suzuki and Scott Ottoes of Los Altos, will be a sophomore at Los Altos High School in the fall. Ottoes plays cello for the school’s Chamber Orchestra and the Los Altos Youth Chamber Ensemble, which performs at Los Altos’ First Fridays and other local events.
• Mario Pelella III restored and extended the Living Classroom garden at Springer School, installing fencing with wood reclaimed from picnic tables.
Pelella, son of Anne Marie and Dr. Mario M. Pelella Jr. of Mountain View, graduated from Mountain View High School.