The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is brimming with special activities during the Thanksgiving season.
• If you need dinner party ideas for the holiday season, sign up for the Master Cooking Class at the five-diamond hotel in Truckee to learn Thanksgiving traditions sure to impress guests.
The lesson, scheduled 5 p.m. Saturday, costs $70 per person and includes a three-course meal. The hotel’s chef de cuisine at its Manzanita Restaurant teaches a variety of cooking techniques.
• For those who prefer not to cook, the Ritz-Carlton hosts a traditional Thanksgiving harvest buffet in the ballroom 1-7 p.m. Nov. 22. Entrées include prime rib and turkey with all the trimmings, as well as ancho pork belly and grilled salmon. Salads, breads, cheeses and desserts are included. The buffet costs $85 for adults, $35 for children 4-10.
• Thanksgiving guests can enjoy the chef’s table nightly with advance reservations. Intended for intimate dinners of eight or fewer, the meal features chef Traci Des Jardins’ signature French-inspired California cuisine. In full view of the exposition kitchen, diners can interact with the chef de cuisine. Cost is from $75 per person.
• The James Beard Award-winning Jardins will also prepare dinner Nov. 29, with a selection of wines from Howell Mountain, including a vertical of Dunn Vineyards Cabernet. The Dunn Vineyards Wine Dinner, scheduled 5:30-10 p.m., requires reservations. Cost is $150 per person.
• Lucky young guests may enjoy “Meet the Marshmologist,” an opportunity to discuss the history of the marshmallow and s’mores. Complimentary samples are available at the fire pit 5-5:30 p.m. nightly.
The 170-room Ritz-Carlton boasts ski-in, ski-out access to Northstar at Tahoe ski resort and a spa offering therapies based on water and woods themes. The hotel offers a fall spa getaway for $369 per night through Nov. 21.
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is located at 13031 Ritz-Carlton Highlands Court, Truckee.
For more information, visit www.ritzcarlton.com/laketahoe.