For his final sermon series as senior pastor of Los Altos United Methodist Church, the Rev. Mark S. Bollwinkel will revisit some of his “greatest hits” from his 15 years in ministry at the church.
The line-up includes Bollwinkel’s pottery sermon, an annual tradition where he preaches while demonstrating his skill at the potter’s wheel. Each message has been refreshed and updated for the occasion.
Bollwinkel and his wife, Bonnie, plan to relocate to Carmel.
The series includes:
• Sunday: “Family,” Ruth 1: 12-19b
• May 18: “The Man with the Water Jar,” pottery sermon, Mark 14:12-15
• May 25: “Piece of Work Is Man,” Psalm 8
• June 1: “Christian Freedom,” Galatians 5:1, 13-25
• June 8: “I Will Boast in the Lord,” Galatians 6:1-16
Services are scheduled 8, 9:30 and 11:15 a.m. in the sanctuary and a contemporary service at 5 p.m. in Creekside Center. Other services include a young-adult-led worship service at 5 p.m. the first Saturday of every month in Creekside Center and a Taizé meditation service at 6 p.m. the second Wednesday of every month in the sanctuary.
Los Altos United Methodist Church is located at 655 Magdalena Ave.
For more information, call 948-1083 or visit laumc.org.