- Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013 01:00
- Written by Town Crier Report
A new Architecture Design Camp for students completing eighth or ninth grade is scheduled June 17-21 at the Los Altos Neutra House, 181 Hillview Ave.
The camp is designed to fortify students’ skills through hands-on learning activities that teach an appreciation for architecture, interior design, landscape design, structural engineering and urban planning.
The camp will include design-modeling exercises using SketchUp, site tours of local projects led by designers and lectures by:
• Urban planner Brooke Ray Smith, executive director of the Los Altos-based Passerelle Investment Co.
• Landscape architect Tom Klope of the Los Altos-based Thomas Klope and Associates.
• Architect Jonathan Pearlman, design principal at Elevation Architects in San Francisco.
• Structural engineers from the East Bay’s Lea & Braze Engineering Inc.
Enrollment is limited to 12. The application deadline is May 15, with students notified of acceptance by May 20.
Cost is $200, but no student will be turned away because of cost.