- Published on Wednesday, 27 February 2013 00:00
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier
Town Crier Staff Report
Three family-friendly shows are scheduled in Los Altos and Mountain View next month.
• “Disney’s “The Little Mermaid Jr.” The Los Altos Youth Theatre production features an array of young actors, many from the area. The musical includes the hit songs “Part of Your World,” “She’s in Love” and the Oscar-winning “Under the Sea.” The production is scheduled to run March 8-24 at Bus Barn Theater, 97 Hillview Ave. Evening performances are slated 7:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; matinees are set for 2 p.m. Sundays and March 16. Tickets are $12-$17. For tickets and more information, call 941-0551 or visit www.losaltosrecreation.org/layt-youth-theatre.html.
• “Fiddler on the Roof.” The Peninsula Youth Theatre production includes a cast of youngsters, several from the Los Altos area. The classic musical is based on Sholom Aleichem’s stories about dairyman Tevye and his five daughters. Tevye tries to maintain traditions, but three of his daughters challenge that by seeking their own romantic matches. “Fiddler” features familiar songs such as “Tradition,” “If I Were a Rich Man,” “Matchmaker, Matchmaker” and “Sunrise, Sunset.” The show is set to run March 2-10 at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts, 500 Castro St. Performances are scheduled 2 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 2 and 9; 1 and 6:30 p.m. March 3; 9:30 a.m. March 7 and 8, 7:30 p.m. March 8 and 1 p.m. March 10. Tickets are $18-$22. For tickets and more information, call 903-6000 or visit mvcpa.com.
• “The Wishing Chair and Other Irish Tales.” Peninsula Youth Theatre’s Stories on Stage production features enchanted stories from Ireland. The 45-minute show is designed to get children interested in reading. The cast includes local young actors. Shows are slated 9:30 and 11 a.m. March 22 and 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. March 23 at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts, 500 Castro St. Tickets are $8-$10. For tickets and more information, call 903-6000 or visit mvcpa.com. n