- Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013 01:00
- Written by – Ellie Van Houtte
The Los Altos Hills City Council is scheduled to meet 6 p.m. Thursday at town hall, 26379 W. Fremont Road. The following items are on the agenda.
• The Los Altos Hills Traffic Safety Committee proposed the installation of two crosswalks at the intersection of Page Mill Road and Interstate 280 after a set of new traffic lights is installed. The plan is designed to enhance safety for nonvehicular traffic – pedestrians, cyclists and equestrians.
Committee members are scheduled to relay their recommendations at Thursday’s meeting to Caltrans representatives, who will present signal options for the intersection.
• The Community Relations Committee will report on the new Art in Public Places Committee. The committee will establish a process for donating art to Los Altos Hills.
• The council will discuss a proposed policy change that would require the Planning Commission to review more capital improvement projects before construction.
Two recent projects – the installation of a Safe Routes to School pathway on West Fremont Road and flashing signals on Elena and Moody roads – drew concern from residents who claimed that the finished results do not fit with the town’s rural aesthetic.
Among the many emails and comments objecting to the Fremont project, one resident wrote that “it has turned a once rural country pathway into a golden path out of Disneyland.”