- Published on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 00:00
- Written by – Diego Abeloos
Police announce increased enforcement
The Santa Clara County Avoid the 13 DUI Task Force is under way, with officers and deputies aggressively looking for impaired drivers during the holiday season.
With this in mind, law enforcement from Santa Clara County agencies recently announced the launch of a special “Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over” crackdown to stop impaired drivers and save lives on the roadways.
Local enforcement will include the following.
• Thursday, DUI saturation patrols in Mountain View
• Friday, DUI checkpoints in Cupertino, DUI saturation patrols in Los Altos
• Saturday, DUI saturation patrols in Palo Alto, DUI checkpoints in Mountain View
Violators run the risk of jail time, the loss of driver licenses and steep financial costs such as higher insurance rates, attorney fees and court costs.
Assault and battery
Dec. 17, 10:26 a.m., 1400 block of Elnora Court: An adult male grabbed his mother’s arm in a harmful manner after she refused to give him money. The man fled the scene prior to police arriving at the home but was arrested later in the day by Sunnyvale police on an unrelated charge.
Dec. 15, 8:13 p.m., 2100 block of Fallen Leaf Lane: An unknown individual smashed the rear glass sliding door of a residence and stole two bicycles.