- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 00:00
- Written by Ellie Van Houtte - Staff Writerfirstname.lastname@example.org
The Los Altos Hills City Council met Nov. 30 and took the following actions.
• Councilmembers conducted a protest hearing regarding the annexation of Mora Drive, unincorporated land adjacent to Rancho San Antonio Open Space Preserve that comprises 24 parcels.
For annexation to proceed without an election, city guidelines require that either fewer than 25 percent of voters in the area or 25 percent of the landowners owning less than one-quarter of the assessed land value submit written protests.
The city received five written protests – representing 8.3 percent of property owners and 7.5 percent of voters in the area – objecting to the proposed annexation.
Councilmembers denied the protest and forwarded the annexation plan to the Local Agency Formation Committee for final approval.
• The council appointed Kavita Tankha, a member of the Parks and Recreation Committee, to serve the remainder of John Harpootlian’s term on the Planning Commission. Harpootlian assumes his seat on the city council next week.
The council bypassed 12-year Planning Commissioner Eric Clow, who also applied for appointment, in favor of Tankha.
• The council unanimously appointed Karen Schuster to the town’s Education Committee. Schuster, a mother of two who brings experience in early childhood education, joins four other members on the committee.
• Los Altos Hills has scheduled a special city council meeting to swear in new councilmembers Harpootlian and Courtenay Corrigan 6 p.m. Dec. 12. They replace termed-out Councilman Jean Mordo and retiring Councilwoman Ginger Summit.