If you’re looking for your fix of local democracy, search no further.
The city of Los Altos is seeking volunteers to fill vacancies on the Planning (one vacancy), Environmental (1), Traffic (2), Public Arts (1) and Financial (4) commissions and the Grant Writing Committee (5).
Applicants, who must be Los Altos residents, should apply online at tinyurl.com/77j338l or by visiting city hall at 1 N. San Antonio Road.
The deadline to submit application is Jan. 27, and interviews with city councilmembers take place Feb. 7.
• Planning Commission: Reviews and formulates recommendations to the city council on all subdivision plans, architectural and site improvements on new nonresidential buildings and amendments and exceptions to the zoning code. Meets 7:30 p.m. the first and third Thursdays of each month at city hall.
• Environmental Commission: Advises the city council on matters that affect the natural and built environment in the city and region. Meets 7 p.m. the second Monday of each month at city hall.
• Traffic Commission: Advises the city council on traffic issues, existing and proposed city policies related to traffic calming and traffic enforcement, and projects and budget priorities for traffic-related capital improvements. Meets 7 p.m. the fourth Wednesday of each month at city hall.
• Public Arts Commission: Advises the city council on public art matters focusing on the Public Outdoor Sculpture Loan Program. Meets 7 p.m. the fourth Thursday of each month at city hall.
• Financial Commission: Provides citizen input to the city council and staff regarding financial policy issues, and promotes citizen participation and understanding regarding the financial condition of the city. Meets 5:30 p.m. the third Monday of each month at city hall.
• Grant Writing Committee: Advises the city council on matters relating to securing grants in support of city projects. Meetings to be determined.
For more information, call City Clerk Lee Price at 947-2611.