- Published on Thursday, 01 December 2011 02:08
- Written by Bruce Barton
The anticipated Mountain View City Council Cuesta Annex discussion has been postponed. An agenda item centered on flood basin options for the open space land had been tentatively scheduled for the Dec. 6 meeting, but has since been deferred until January.
"We're still working with the water district," said Mike Fuller, Mountain View director of public works. Fuller said the city needs additional information to prepare for the council meeting.
Santa Clara Valley Water District officials are mulling two alternatives for the 12.5-acre parcel. One option entails digging a 5-acre, 10-foot-deep flood basin on the site, and a second proposal involves constructing a large grilled gutter to collect hypothetical flood water behind Cuesta Park and the Annex, with a large drain pipe running under the Annex. Both plans would require a system of pipes installed under Cuesta Drive, Miramonte Avenue and Marilyn Drive to reach Permanente Creek.