The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe has scheduled a variety of summer experiences and outdoor activities geared to guests of all ages.
From al fresco dining on the Backyard Terrace to interactive cooking classes, lawn games and guided daily hikes, options abound for resort guests.
“Summer is a popular time to visit Lake Tahoe, and while our guests are with us, we want them to not only have an opportunity to relax, but to know that there are experiences right here at the resort for them to enjoy,” said Joseph Mattioli, the hotel’s general manager.
• Mountainside pool cabanas. The resort has added poolside cabanas that include personalized service for up to four people.
• Outdoor games. Oversized versions of popular games including Jenga and Connect Four, as well as traditional games of croquet and cornhole, are offered on The Meadows throughout the season. A new bocce ball court opened earlier this month.
• Water activities. Guests can explore the shoreline from a kayak or paddleboard through Tahoe Adventure Company.
• Mountain sports. Guided hikes are available daily at the resort. Biking tours are offered through Tahoe Adventure Company.
• Tahoe Star Tours. On select dates over the summer season, Tahoe Star Tours features the Accent String Quartet performing live in the Butterfly Lounge at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe.
• Culinary adventures. Friday evenings buzz with live entertainment as guests watch the sunset and take in the mountain air on the Backyard Terrace with a signature Backyard Barbecue Family Cookout. Wind down the weekend at Manzanita with Whole Roast Sundays, featuring a pre-fixe three-course menu.
The resort’s culinary team hosts complimentary behind-the-scenes kitchen tours twice a week, as well as opportunities for children to make their own sundae creations and decorate cookies or cupcakes. Weekly cooking classes are offered throughout the summer.
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe is located at 13031 Ritz-Carlton Highlands Court, Truckee.
For more information, visit ritzcarlton.com/laketahoe.