Photo By: Town Crier File Photo
Balloon art and face painting are among the activities for children at “Friday Movie Nights” in downtown Los Altos.
Movies by moonlight? No problem. The cities of Los Altos and Mountain View have scheduled free outdoor movie nights throughout July and August.
Los Altos lights up
The Los Altos Village Association hosts “Friday Movie Nights” 8:30 p.m. Aug. 9-23 in downtown Los Altos. The family-friendly movies are shown on a big screen at the intersection of Main and Third streets. The weekly gatherings feature pre-movie festivities that include a bounce house, a face painter and a balloon artist.
• Aug. 9: “RV.”
• Aug. 16: “Back to the Future.”
• Aug. 23: “March of the Penguins.”
To accommodate the event, Main Street is closed between Second and Third streets beginning at 5 p.m.
Visitors may set out chairs, sleeping bags, blankets and picnics beginning at 6 p.m.
Seating is first come, first served. All movies begin at 8:30 p.m.
Sponsors of “Friday Movie Nights” include Passerelle Investment Co. and Le Boulanger.
For more information, visit www.downtownlosaltos.org.
Mountain View screens
movies in city parks
The city of Mountain View Recreation Division and the Youth Advisory Committee have scheduled 2013 Summer Outdoor Movie Night Series 8:30 p.m. Fridays through Aug. 16 in parks throughout Mountain View.
Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets or lawn chairs and enjoy light refreshments while watching the movies.
• Friday: “Madagascar 3,” Cuesta Park, 615 Cuesta Drive.
• July 19: “Antz,” Sylvan Park, 600 Sylvan Ave.
• July 26: “Wreck-It Ralph,” Eagle Park, 652 Franklin St.
• Aug. 2: “Shrek,” Stevenson Park, 750 San Pierre Way.
• Aug. 9: “The Lorax,” Whisman Park, 400 Easy St.
• Aug. 16: “Hotel Transylvania,” Rengstorff Park, 201 S. Rengstorff Ave.