- Published on Wednesday, 10 July 2013 01:00
- Written by Town Crier Report
Schola Cantorum has scheduled its 2013 Summer Sings series 7:30 p.m. Mondays through Aug. 12 in Mountain View and Los Altos.
The audience transforms into a choir with the help of a different conductor each week.
The Aug. 5 sing-along is scheduled at the Mountain View Center for the Performing Arts. 500 Castro St., all others are at Los Altos United Methodist Church, 655 Magdalena Ave.
The schedule and directors:
• July 22: Johannes Brahms, “Ein deutsches Requiem,” Jeffrey Benson, director of choral organizations, San Jose State University.
• July 29: Vaughan Williams, “Dona Nobis Pacem,” and Bach, “Cantata No. 106,” Buddy James, director of choral/orchestral studies, Cal State East Bay.
• Aug. 5: Carl Orff, “Carmina Burana,” Vance George, conductor emeritus, San Francisco Symphony Chorus.
• Aug. 12: “Broadway Sing from A to Z,” Dawn Reyen, music director, Aurora Singers, and assistant conductor, Schola Cantorum.
Under the leadership of music director Gregory Wait, Schola Cantorum, an auditioned chorus for men and women based in Mountain View, presents concerts, interactive sings and educational enrichment programs.
Tickets are $15-$20 per Sing, $72 for the series. Students under 25 with ID are free. Tickets are available online and at the door.
To purchase tickets and for more information, call 254-1700 or visit www.scholacantorum.org.