Photo By: Town Crier File Photo
It’s time to break out the watermelon – Los Altos and Los Altos Hills have scheduled Fourth of July events.
C elebrate the Fourth of July at events scheduled in and around Los Altos.
• Union Presbyterian Church of Los Altos will host its 42nd annual Pancake Breakfast 8:30-11:30 a.m. on the church’s patio, 858 University Ave.
The menu includes pancakes, sausage, fruit, juice and coffee.
Admission is free. Volunteers will collect a free-will offering for Help One Child, a nonprofit organization that supports foster children and their families.
For more information, visit unionpc.org.
• Los Altos Hills’ fourth annual Fourth of July Parade is slated 10 a.m. at town hall, 26379 W. Fremont Road. The parade concludes at Gardner Bullis School, 25890 W. Fremont Road. Participants are encouraged to walk or bike in the parade. Watermelon and beverages will be served.
For more information, visit www.losaltoshills.ca.gov.
• The Los Altos Community Foundation’s “Glorious Fourth” Independence Day Celebration is scheduled 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Shoup Park, 400 University Ave. In addition to musical entertainment by the Unicorns and Ye Olde Towne Band, the event will include family-friendly activities, hot dogs, ice cream and shaved ice.
For more information, visit losaltoscf.org.
• The Rejoicing Ringers handbell choir is set to perform in a nationwide ringing of bells 11 a.m. at Los Altos Lutheran Church, 460 S. El Monte Ave. The program will include a concert of handbell music, a sing-along of military service songs and a family potluck picnic.
For more information, visit www.losaltoslutheran.org.
• The Fourth of July Fireworks Spectacular featuring the San Francisco Symphony is scheduled 8 p.m. at Shoreline Amphitheatre, 1 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View. Tickets are $33-$47.35 (fees included); parking is $10.
For tickets and more information, visit www.sfsymphony.org.