The Los Altos Rotary Endowment Fund disbursed grant money to seven local nonprofit groups June 6. The Endowment Fund’s mission is to distribute grants, scholarships and charitable contributions for community-building purposes.
The Rotary Club of Los Altos’ Fine Art in the Park show May 17-18 generated $103,000 in profits, the highest in the event’s history.
Representatives from the nonprofit agencies accepted checks from the Rotary Club’s Community Grants Chairman Jerry Moison.
Grant recipients and their plans for the funds:
• Community Health Awareness Council, for programs that address bullying and suicidal students.
• Foothill College Foundation, for high school upperclassmen to attend Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics summer camp at Foothill College.
• Los Altos Stage Company, for children’s tickets to “The Fantasticks.”
• Via Verde Nature Education, for 10-year-olds to attend a free overnight environmental learning camp.
• Family Supportive Housing, for summer tutors for homeless schoolchildren at the San Jose Family Shelter.
• Music for Minors, for pitch pipes.
• Child Advocates of Santa Clara County, for computers for staff who deal annually with 600 foster children removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect.
For more information on Rotary Club grants, visit www.losaltosrotary.org/Production/LAREF.html.