- Published on Wednesday, 06 February 2013 00:00
- Written by Town Crier Report
Los Altos United Methodist Church has scheduled a panel discussion on the Affordable Care Act 1 p.m. Saturday in the church’s Creekside Center, 655 Magdalena Ave.
New health-care reforms will impact taxes, health-care services, preventive health care, retirement and employee benefits. Presenters Allan Eckmann of BayCrest Insurance Services, retired physician Mike Fischetti and attorney Janice Carney will discuss the law from their points of view and answer questions from attendees.
About the speakers:
• Eckmann founded BayCrest Insurance Services and has sold insurance for 37 years. He spent four years in the U.S. Air Force and earned a teaching credential.
• Carney is partner in the law firm Carney, Sugai & Sudweeks in Los Gatos, where she focuses on elder law, including estate, long-term care, Medi-Cal and Veterans Affairs benefits planning; conservatorships; and Life Care Planning.
• Fischetti served at Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara as an oncologist and was chief of preventive medicine, health promotion and patient education. He founded and directed the hospital’s hospice program and coordinated psycho-social services for cancer patients. He is a member of the Santa Clara County Board of Supervisors Health Advisory Board.
Admission is free and open to the public.
For more information, visit laumc.org/news.