- Published on Wednesday, 30 January 2013 00:00
- Written by Town Crier Report
Photo By: Courtesy of Joe Eyre/Los Altos Forward
First Friday festivities with a “Valentine’s Sweets Tour” theme are scheduled 6-8 p.m. Friday in downtown Los Altos.
Stores and galleries, many providing First Friday discounts and refreshments, will remain open.
The event will offer a number of activities for visitors of all ages.
• More than 20 restaurants serving a wide selection of cuisines will be open.
• Musicians will play throughout downtown, including 37th Parallel, The Latin Band and Woody Arnold.
• Merchants will participate in the “Find the Sweets” game.
• Local stores and restaurants donated gift certificates for drawings. Enter the drawings by purchasing merchandise during the First Friday event (one entry per $25 spent that evening) or by participating in the “Find the Sweets” game.
All activities are indoors, so the event will take place rain or shine.
For information, to register for the drawing or to obtain programs, visit First Friday Headquarters at 164 Main St.
Participating merchants include Adventure Toys & Teachers’ Supplies, Alabasta The Flower Shop, Apricot Lane, Aurobora, Baskin-Robbins Los Altos, BK Collections, Bubble Kids, Christian, Cooks’ Junction, Cover Story, Cranberry Scoop, Discovery Shop, Earthworks, Footwear etc., Gallery 9 Los Altos, Gitane, Gourmet Works, JB&B Jewelers, Linden Tree Books, Maria’s Antiques, Nature Gallery, On Your Mark, Peninsula Beauty Supply, Pet’s Delight, Present, Viewpoints Gallery and Village Stationers.
The Los Altos Community Foundation and the Los Altos Town Crier co-sponsor this month’s First Friday.
Los Altos Forward, a grassroots all-volunteer group dedicated to promoting downtown vibrancy, initiated and organizes the events.