- Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 00:00
- Written by Town Crier Report
Los Altos Neutra House’s 2012-2013 Architecture + Design Speaker Series, in its fourth year, runs through March, usually 6-7 p.m. the second Thursday of the month, at Hillview Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave., Los Altos.
A catered reception with the speaker follows at the Los Altos Neutra House, 181 Hillview Ave.
The goal of the six-month series, whose theme is “Modernism – Defined and Redefined,” is to offer local audiences the opportunity to learn about trends and traditions in modern architecture and design in an interactive setting.
• Jan. 10: Andrea Cochran, FASLA, will discuss her approach to placemaking through the integration of landscape, art and architecture to heighten the experience of the environment.
• Feb. 7: Cass Calder Smith will discuss his residential work, notable for its positive and negative outdoor space connections.
• March 14: Leo Marmol, FAIA, of Marmol Radziner in Los Angeles, will discuss the firm’s innovative approach to restoration of homes designed by Neutra, Cliff May and John Lautner.
Co-sponsors for the 2012-2013 Neutra House events and programs include Passerelle Investment Co., Courtyard by Marriott Palo Alto-Los Altos, Elevation Architects, Dwell Magazine, Bohlin Cywinski Jackson, First Republic Bank, Umerani Associates, Andrea Cochran Landscape Architecture, David Eichler Photography, CA Modern Magazine, Craftsmen Printing and the Los Altos Community Foundation.
General admission to each lecture is $20. Student tickets are $10 per lecture. Admission to each reception is $20 per person and subject to space availability. Tickets may be purchased at the door. Members of the American Institute of Architects are eligible to receive Continuing Education units for the lectures.