- Published on Wednesday, 07 November 2012 00:00
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier
Contributions to the Holiday Fund are tax deductible. The donations are routed through a donor-advised fund at the Silicon Valley Community Foundation, which provides letters acknowledging the contributions and writes checks to distribute the money.
Nineteen of the 2011 recipient organizations return this year: Partners for New Generations; the Veterans Resource Center at Foothill College; Downtown College Prep – Alum Rock; the RotaCare Clinic; Bayshore Christian Ministries; the Krause Center for Innovation Merit Program at Foothill College; Child Advocates of Silicon Valley; ALearn; the autism program at the Community School for Music and Arts; Career Closet; the Community Health Awareness Council; the Community Service Agency’s healthful foods program; the East Palo Alto Kids Foundation; Help One Child; Hidden Villa summer camps; Sunday Friends; House of Grace; Music for Minors; and Jeremiah’s Promise.
The Town Crier added one new nonprofit for the 2012 Holiday Fund: Reach Potential Movement. Look for its profile in the Nov. 21 issue.
There are three ways to give:
• Mail donations payable to Silicon Valley Community Foundation (Attn: Town Crier Holiday Fund) to 2440 W. El Camino Real, Suite 300, Mountain View 94040.
• Call 450-5444 to use a credit card.
• Donate online at www.siliconvalleycf.org/latc-holiday-fund.