- Published on Wednesday, 27 August 2014 01:12
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff - Town Crier Report
The Los Altos Community Foundation is accepting grant applications through Sept. 23.
The foundation’s Community Grants Program supports nonprofit organizations and activities that directly serve Los Altos, Los Altos Hills and surrounding areas.
Grants are awarded for events, programs, projects and activities that meet one or more of the following objectives.
• Support local philanthropy.
• Address unmet community needs via a new program or project.
• Serve vulnerable populations.
• Enhance the quality of life.
• Promote local volunteerism.
Community Grants facilitate new and emerging philanthropy as well as provide operational grants to established local organizations.
Examples of recent grants for new projects and programs:
• Block Action Team: Start-up funding to organize neighborhoods in the event of an emergency or natural disaster, prevent crime and build community.
• Los Altos Stage Company: Support for an inaugural joint show with Los Altos Youth Theatre, including adult actors providing coaching for young thespians.
• CarbDM: Start-up funding for a program developed by local residents to support families with Type I diabetes.
• Sky’s the Limit Fund: Support for the creation of an informational web portal for families in crisis because of drug abuse.
For more information, call 949-5908 or visit losaltoscf.org.