- Published on Wednesday, 16 July 2014 01:02
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff - Town Crier Report
The Linden Tree Books Summer 2014 Concert Series is underway in downtown Los Altos. Performances are slated 10:30 a.m. Wednesdays through Aug. 13 at Linden Tree, 265 State St.
Event manager Dee Ellman said the concert series is a way to connect with the community. Although admission is free, Ellman encourages attendees to donate a book to benefit Reading Partners, a local literacy organization that matches one-on-one tutors with students who have fallen behind in reading.
The remaining schedule:
• Today: Nancy Cassidy. Cassidy performs folk songs, some of them originals, aimed at audiences of all ages.
• July 23: Andy Z. The musician, storyteller and interactive entertainer is known for his high-energy shows.
• July 30: Jump for Joy with Wiley Rankin. Rankin introduces rhythms through song and dance, encouraging children to participate in the show.
• Aug. 6: Snail People. The duo (Mindy Dillard and Eric McEuen) uses a variety of instruments and genres in its performances.
• Aug. 13: Lori & RJ/Cotton Candy Express. New to the series, the group caps the summer slate with a hands-on, musical show.
For more information, call 949-3390 or visit lindentreebooks.com and click the “Events” tab.