- Published on Wednesday, 18 June 2014 01:02
- Written by Los Altos Town Crier Staff - Town Crier Report
The Los Altos Library recently launched its 2014 Summer Reading Club, “Fizz Boom Read,” for children. The main library and the Woodland Branch join the Santa Clara County Library District in sponsoring the annual program.
Children may register for the Summer Reading Club at the Children’s Desk in either library or online at sccl.org through Aug. 7.
Members set their own reading goals and select books of their choice. Each participant will receive a certificate and a prize. Participation is free.
The main library, 13 S. San Antonio Road, has scheduled the following summer programs.
Preschoolers and toddlers, 10:30 a.m. Tuesdays
• July 8: “Water Savvy,” Potter the Otter
• July 29: “Rhythm, Rattle and Rock,” music and movement
Kindergarten and up, 3 p.m. Wednesdays
• Today: “Animals of the Rainforest,” Wildlife Associates
• June 25: “Interactive Bubble Show,” Bubble Lady
• July 2: “Adventures in Chemistry,” Children’s Discovery Museum
• July 9: “Movie Special Effects,” Mad Science of the Bay Area
• July 16: “Trained Rescue Dogs,” Busy Bee Dogs
• July 23: Decorate and personalize a book bag
• July 30: “Jungle Joe and His Realistic-Looking Animals,” California Puppets
• Aug. 6: Magician Brian Scholl
The Woodland Branch, 1975 Grant Road, offers the following summer programs 3 p.m. Thursdays.
• June 26: Construct newspaper skyscrapers, for kindergartners and up
• July 24: Rubber-Band Vehicle Challenge; competition divided into categories for preschoolers and grades K-3, 4-8 and 9-12
• Aug. 7: Decorate and personalize a book bag
• Aug. 20 (4 p.m.): Henna Workshop for teens
The Woodland Branch has also scheduled a special eStorytime Program during the Family Storytime 7 p.m. July 28.
For more information, visit sccl.org/losaltos.